Monday, March 26, 2012

Yoga and chocolate


Helloooo - Brrrrrrr..... It's gotten a wee bit chilly in New York at the moment. Tonight it will go back down to freezing. :( So much for optimistically putting away my wintercoats during our little warm spell the last two weeks. Let's picnic indoors today, since the frost advisory makes it conducive to being snuggled up in blankets and warm socks, and holding a hot cup of tea. 

I haven't stopped eating since I got back home from yoga today. The coldness in my apartment does a number on me, and I need to ingest hot dishes all the time (currently eating a bowl of vegetable kurma over rice). But the yoga also does a number on me, I suspect. I need carbs injected straight into my bloodvessels! Rice, pasta, bread... and of course dark CHOCOLATE!!!! Apart from the fact that no one should really live their lives without chocolate, it gets even more essentially important after yoga! Today I ran to the food coop right after yoga and bought a bar of Chocolove XOXOX, and now it's all gone... ;-)


I have to return to the ladies in the locker room from the other day. They are the best. The younger ones are ok, but the more mature crowd rocks the Bikram Yoga place bigtime!! When I mentioned I had been feeling a bit nauseous at the peak of the class, one of the ladies told me to squeeze my buttcheeks together and the nausea will go away! I haven't had a chance to try this new little trick out yet, but I can't wait to see if it'll work!! Advice from yogi in the locker room - priceless! 

Ok, where I am in this yoga challenge? What day am I on? Let's see...? 
I went back to Bikram successfully on Friday. Day 14 was Saturday. I was so exhausted that evening, and went to bed at 10.30pm. Yeah, I'm a regular party girl!
I had to skip a day on Sunday morning unfortunately. My little girl's best best best friend in the whole world (they are getting married, I hear!) had a sleepover at our house. Between making myself happy and making my daughter happy, I choose her happiness - I just couldn't tell them: "No sleepovers for the next two weeks while mommy finishes her yoga challenge". 

Since I have made a commitment to my own happiness on a daily basis however, whether it be yoga, chocolate (both, please!), music, theatre, dance, a good book, or something else sweet for the soul, we went to see a performance at the West End Theatre on Sunday afternoon. Me and my girls got on the subway and headed uptown for Shigeko Suga's "Baudelaire: La Mort". Even little people need sweet things for their souls, and my little people loved the show. My littlest person had a paper and a pen at hand during the performance, and frequently dove down to her paper to write down little snippets of Baudelairian poetry her ear caught.

And now we are at Monday Day 15. Although it is not technically a Challenge anymore since I can't seem to do all the days in consecutive order (such is the plight of single mommyhood!), I still have an urge to number the days I attend yoga, for me. So that is what I will continue to do until I reach Day 30!

Stay warm, my friends! Much (choco)love to you all, and see you again back at the picnic spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment