Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 4 - breaking my body, to heal stronger

Hellooo again my lovlies - time to plop yourself down on a cool blanket, as today's temperature reached the 70's I think. It was definitely T-shirt and light spring jacket weather. Aaahhh, so nice with a quick reminder of what's coming our way. 

Meanwhile, in a steaming hot room, I was sweating my arse off on Day 4 of my 30 Day yoga challenge. No headache today. Hurrah! We will see how far I can take this challenge. I will be non-judging, kind and generous to myself whatever happens...

In yesterday's blog posting I jokingly said that I was breaking my body. I thought about it for a while after, and realized that I am actually breaking habits AND my body - in a good way! The soreness I feel in every muscle in my body, is actually from little, tiny micro tears in the muscle cells. When we work our bodies, we rip tiny tears in the muscle fibers. As the tears heal, the muscle fiber, or muscle cell (same thing), will heal stronger. 

This is how we build strength. This is how we get stronger, by breaking first. It is a great image, a great metaphor to use for what's going on inside of us. It happens to us on an emotional and psychic level too: Break, to heal stronger. Break, to let the light in. 

The other day someone posted a beautiful picture on facebook, and the caption read "The wound is the place where the light enters you", and I thought I'd to share that picture here as it is very fitting for today's blog thought.

Toodles, my friends. Check in again, as I will report daily on my progress with my self-inflicted Challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment