Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 12 - family visitors

Hola everyone - today's posting is going to be a quickie, since it's already 2.30am. 

I completed Day 12 of my yoga challenge earlier in the day. It really was a great class today. I am feeling stronger. In 12 days I feel my core again: my physical core is strengthening, and I am feeling my emotional and mental core stir and awaken. 
When I tried some of the poses on my very first day of Bikram (having never taken Bikram yoga ever!) I thought "What the heck, I will never be able to do this!". Guess what? I can do those poses now! :)

My cousins from Japan are here now. They arrived this evening after a very long flight: my two cousins and one cousin-child whom I had never met before. It's so nice to see them all. 

I was debating with myself whether I should break my 30 Day Challenge during their visit. Will it really be a challenge if I disrupt it? Doesn't a challenge have to be so-and-so many days  of continuous, uninterrupted practice? Well, usually, yes. But I am not partaking in an official challenge. I'm not doing someone else's challenge. I'm doing MY personal challenge, where I make up the rules. If I say I can take a break, then by golly I can!
The reason, the main reason, I am doing my own little personal yoga challenge, is because of the happiness and wellbeing of my soul. Being with my family for four days that I don't get to see very often is also for the happiness and wellbeing of my soul. So there we have it. I will be back to continue Day 13 in a few days.

Check in again, my lovelies, and thanks for stopping by today. Namaste and Oyasuminasai (sleep tight, in Japanese)

2 comments:

  1. Åå, du är min idol, Marina!! Looking forward to day 13 in a couple of days then! Kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Ester Cecilia för de uppmuntrande orden, och för att du hittat in till min blogg! Jag ska börja nu igen men resten av Yoga utmaningen. Day 13, here we come!! :)

      Delete