Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 9 - more inspiration

Toodles my lovelies -- welcome back to my picnic blanket. Please have a seat and a sip of Pinot Grigio. Yes, white wine since it's been unseasonably warm the last couple of days. Well, I'm not complaining one bit - I love the spring feeling that everyone seems to get in to when the weather changes for the warmer. 

I was so tired yesterday when I wrote my Day 8 blog posting that I forgot an amazing part of the class. Well, apart from the singing teacher who sang other-worldly notes and made me cry, which was also amazing! But another amazing thing was that there is this older gentleman who hobbles in to class on crutches every day, and he hobbles back out of class on crutches, but while in class he is KING! The teacher cracked a joke that soon enough Mr. S is going to levitate he's done so much yoga: he was on his 912th DAY of yoga!! That is 2 1/2 years of yoga!!! Absolutely AMAZING!

I am experiencing an increasing level of challenge in taking the time, and making the time, to get myself to class. With spring approaching things are getting busier, and I have to fight with myself to keep yoga in the schedule. A 90 minute class plus the obligatory shower after plus travel time makes it a 2.5 hr commitment out of my day. That a significant chunk of time that is hard to carve out of the day, and set aside. But I am also aware of the fact that this yoga challenge is a commitment to ME, to my health, and I need to take care of whatever is going on with my health now, at this very moment.
Not tomorrow, not next week, not next year. Now.

I am going to try to make this work! YES! 
Thank you for stopping by my little blog. Check in again to follow the continuation of my challenge.







No comments:

Post a Comment