Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 7 - encouragement from unexpected places

Hellooo my fellow earthlings! Picnic time. Nice, warm, spring-like breezes have been sweeping in through my open window during the evening hours. This post will be a short one as I am more eager to go to bed somewhat on time.

I made a WEEK of Bikram Yoga! Woohoooo! I feel my body changing, my habits are changing, my preferences are changing, and all of it in a positive way. It feels EMPOWERING to be in control over something I can have control over, since my body's been totally out of control lately, what with weird symptoms and all (as described in my previous posts). 

I really was very close to throwing in the towel today on this Yoga Challenge business after class. I felt great as usual, but it was early, I was grumpy, and I felt that seven days in a row might just enough for me. When the teacher asked me if I wanted to upgrade my 1 week intro special to the 1 month intro special, I said "nyaaeeehhhh....". In other words, I was about to quit. Then I sat down and checked messages and saw an encouraging note from a friend I haven't seen or spoken to in years. She now lives across the pond in Europe. It was really wonderful to hear her thoughts on my yoga challenge, and it made me go and upgrade that intro-week to an intro-month. Everything happens for a reason, right? :)
Some of you have inboxed me with little encouraging messages about your own stories of overcoming your own selves, breaking to heal stronger, or commented little cheery greetings for me. None of them go unnoticed! I see them all, and I cherish them, and I cherish you. It is very heartwarming to see and hear some of you responding with "I have those thoughts too", "I've felt similarly", or "thank you for bringing this topic up". I want you to know how much those little messages mean to me - A LOT!!!!! 

Cheerio, my friends. Check in again, for the continuation of my Yoga Challenge. Day 8 tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment