Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 8 - classic projection

Hellooo - another beautiful 70 degree day in Brooklyn today. 

I am on Day 8 in my Bikram Yoga challenge, and today I was very angry in class. People around me annoyed me, they smelled, they stunk... Of course it wasn't their problem. I was the one with the problem. Classic "projection". 

Before getting to class I thought: "I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!I don't wanna go!..." 
But I went.

At the end of the class during our 2 minute restorative Savasana, or "dead body pose", the teacher suddenly sang a few reverberating, beautiful notes. The notes were of an un-earthly nature, beautiful and haunting. A big smile broke out across my face as I lay there on the floor, dead but alive. And then the tears came... 
Yup, that's the kind of day I had today. 


The litmus test to this yoga challenge thingy will be if I can focus better when I study from now on. 

I will put my feet up and celebrate my 8th day. Thank you for stopping by today! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment