Sunday, July 31, 2011

the fullmoon

Hello ~ I'm so delighted to see you again. Here, have a seat. Would you like a glass of nice, chilled Muscadet? If you are visiting for the first time - grab a blanket, join me here on this nice, shady spot and don't be shy.

My jetlag is normalizing. I said that last week too, and then look what happened...? Up at all hours. HA!
This blogging business is quite fun and I am enjoying it more than I dare admit. I am also so grateful for all of your encouraging messages. There is a feature here where I can see that my blog has had views from many parts of the world. How fun is that?!! So exciting!! 

I saw some photos today and was again reminiscing about the Hawai'i trip. One of the nights there we had the pleasure and the honor of being invited by our kumu to dance with our O'ahu halau sisters and brothers at an evening event at the Kahala Hilton. It was located right on the beach by Le'ahi, more commonly known as Diamond Head (that famous mountain silhouette often seen on images from Waikiki). It was a magical night. As the sun was setting we were lei-greeting all the guests at the event. Then as dusk fell, we had the honor of dancing accompanied by such superb musicians with the added accompaniment of the rolling waves on the ocean. As if this wasn't absolutely beatiferous enough, the fullmoon rose right behind us. It was simply stunning, and the photo here doesn't even do it justice. 


This was just a little memory snippet I wanted to share with you. Thanks for checking in, and I hope you enjoyed that Muscadet - it's quite refreshing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment